- 2 large onions, halved and very finely sliced
- 2 small red chillies, very finely sliced
- 300 ml dry white wine
- ½ tsp saffron threads, soaked in 2 tablespoons hot water
- 500 ml fish stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kg fresh mussels, beards removed and cleaned
- several thyme sprigs
- Add the oil to the Copper Core 3.3L Braising pan. Place the pan over a medium low heat, add the onions and cook stirring for 5 minutes until the onions glisten and soften. Add the chilli and saffron thread mixture and cook 30 seconds. Add the wine, fish stock, tomato paste and season well with the salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, and when the sauce is boiling, add the mussels and thyme sprigs. Cover with the lid and cook 3-5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the mussels steam open.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- To prepare the vegetables with the KitchenAid Food processor attachment
- Fit the Food Processor Attachment to the Stand Mixer with the slicing disc. Place the mixing bowl under the chute. Select ‘thin’ and turn to speed 10. Add the onions and chillies and slice. Follow the recipe method as above.