- 270ml (1¼ cups) coconut milk
- 1 cup besan flour
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 large eggs
- 40ml (2 tbs) vegetable oil
- To serve:
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 10 snow peas
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- ¼ Chinese cabbage or ¼ lettuce
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 1 cup small, mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Place coconut milk, besan flour, curry powder and eggs into blender jug and cover. Select speed 2 (Mix) and process for 15 seconds or until batter is smooth. Allow batter to stand for 15 minutes while preparing salad ingredients.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long slices from carrot. Stack 2 or 3 slices of carrot on top of each other and cut into long thin strips. Cut snow peas into strips then finely slice cucumber and finely shred cabbage.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a KitchenAid nonstick 25cm frypan. When slightly smoking, add ¼ cup batter to pan and cook for about 30 seconds, until lightly golden brown and crispy on edges. Flip over and cook for 10 seconds on other side. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining oil and batter.
- To serve, top two pancakes with a selection of salad ingredients. Serve with lime wedges and herbs.
- To prepare vegetables using Stand Mixer and Slicer Shredder Attachment:
- Attach the slicer shredder to the stand mixer with the slicing drum attachment.
- Cut cabbage into 2cm lengthwise wedges. Turn mixer to speed 6 and add cabbage followed by cucumber; using pusher to press food down.
- Attach coarse shredding drum and shred carrot.
- The recipe may be doubled if desired.