- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp or to taste, Thai red curry paste
- 150g (3 medium) carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- ½ small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 120g roasted salted cashews
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add the onion and curry paste and cook stirring over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Add the carrot and 2 tbs water. Cover and cook over a low heat until the carrots are very tender.
- Allow to cool completely. Lightly drain.
- Add the carrots, lemon juice, coriander, cashews, coconut cream and salt and pepper into the blender jug. Cover and select speed 2 (Chop). Pulse 5 seconds or until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with vegetable pieces and crackers.
- Dip can be kept for up to 3 days