- 1 onion, halved
- 200g halloumi, cut in half
- 450g sweet potato, peeled and cut to fit feed tube
- 1 cup (130g) frozen green peas, just thawed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions
- ½ cup (25g) chopped parsley
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for pan frying
- Za’atar and yoghurt sauce
- 3 teaspoons za’atar, plus extra for serving
- 1 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (280g) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Salt to taste
- Attach the Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and insert the medium grating blade. Position a large bowl under the attachment to catch the ingredients.
- Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and add the onion and half the halloumi through the large feed tube.
- Grate the sweet potato, 1 piece at a time, into the feed tube on speed 4. Repeat with remaining halloumi and set aside.
- Add peas, cumin, salt, green onions, parsley and eggs and mix well.
- Fold through flour, baking powder and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Using a 1/3 cup measure as a guide, spoon sweet potato mixture into heated oil. Cooking 4 at a time, cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook a further 2 minutes or until fritters are golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel and repeat with remaining batter.
- To make the Za’atar yoghurt sauce, mix all ingredients together and season to taste with salt.
- Serve 2 fritters per person topped with yoghurt sauce and an extra sprinkle of za’atar.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes