- ½ small (approx. 450g) Savoy cabbage, hard base & core trimmed and discarded
- ¼ small (300g) red cabbage, hard base & core trimmed and discarded
- 1 small white onion, peeled
- 3 sticks celery, strings removed
- 100g green beans
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 egg yolks
- juice and finely grated rind ½ small lemon
- 200ml extra light olive oil
- ½ cup light sour cream
- freshly ground salt & black pepper
- ⅓ cup sultanas
- 50g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- snow pea tendrils or bean sprouts, to garnish (optional)
- Attach the slicer shredder to the stand mixer with the slicing drum.
- Cut cabbages into 2cm lengthwise wedges and onion in half. Turn mixer to speed 6 and add cabbage, onion, celery and beans using the pusher to press the ingredients down.
- Attach the coarse shredding drum and shred carrot and parsley.
- Attach the wire whisk to the stand mixer. Place egg yolks, lemon rind and juice into the mixing bowl.
- Turn to speed 8. Very slowly add oil, one teaspoon at a time, until mixture begins to thicken. Once thickening, pour oil in a slow stream. Stir in sour cream and season well with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine all vegetables with dressing, sultanas and hazelnuts, tossing well. Pile into a serving bowl and garnish.
- This mayonnaise has a light and luscious texture that coats the back of a spoon.
- The coleslaw and dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored separately in sealed containers in the refrigerator.
- Once combined, the salad is best eaten within 2 hours.