- 700g pork shoulder, cut into 4cm chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Prepare gas, charcoal or stovetop grill. Assemble and attach KitchenAid® Food Grinder to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Position bowl under Food Grinder to catch pork as it grinds.
- Set mixer to speed 6 and alternately process pork, garlic, and chilis. Mix in salt, pepper, and cilantro. Form into patties. Can be made 2 hours ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- Grill burgers until internal temperature reaches 60°C, about 4-5 minutes per side. Top with cheese during last minute of grilling time.
- Serve immediately with any topping you like. Suggested toppings: red onion, roasted tomato jam, avocado, greens.
Makes 6 burgers