- Cucumber Sauce
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Lamb Burgers
- 680 g lamb shoulder, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 30 mL olive oil, divided
- 230 g Halloumi, sliced
- 6 toasted buns
- Combine all ingredients for cucumber sauce in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place lamb on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes. Attach KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder Attachment with coarse grinding plate to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Position mixer bowl under attachment. Turn mixer to speed 4 and grind lamb and garlic. Remove food grinder and attach flat beater and mixer bowl to mixer. Add red onion, mint, parsley, chilies, cumin, salt and pepper, turn to Stir speed and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat 10 mL olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Place the Halloumi slices in pan, do not overcrowd, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add 10 mL oil to same skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook burgers in batches until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, adding remaining oil as needed. Serve immediately with grilled Halloumi and yogurt sauce on toasted buns.
Prep time - 30 minutes
Cook time - 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings