- 2kg waxy unpeeled medium sized oval shaped potatoes, e.g. Desiree
- 3L vegetable oil
- freshly ground salt and black peppercorns
- Fit the french fry cutting disc* to the food processor. Add one potato at a time to the large food chute and process on speed 2. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer to 190C (170C fan forced). Cook the potatoes in three batches (take care not to over load the pan) in the hot oil for approximately 4 minutes.
- Drain and cool. Just before serving, add the potatoes to the hot oil and fry for an extra 2- 3 minutes or until very golden and crisp. Drain, toss with plenty of freshly ground salt and black peppercorns and serve immediately.
- Additional accessories such as the french fry cutting disc and parmesan grating disc are available for the food processor. Available from KitchenAid stockists.