- 1 ½ cups (200g) gluten free self-raising flour
- ¾ cup (100g) potato flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 180ml lemonade
- 100ml thickened cream
- potato flour, extra, for rolling
- strawberry jam & cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to a hot 230C (210C fan forced).
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the flours, baking powder and salt and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Select speed 1, add the lemonade and cream.
Continue to process on speed 1 until the mixture just forms a soft ball. The mixture will be very soft and wet. If desired about ½ cup more flour can be added, but only if mixture is too wet to handle.
- Remove dough to a potato floured surface and lightly knead until smooth. Pat out to about 2.5 cm thickness (do not over work the mixture) and cut out 6 medium scones with a floured cutter. Lightly re-knead the cut offs and form into another scone.
- Place into a 22cm round cake pan. Using a little of the cream from the lid of the cream bottle, lightly smear the tops. Bake in the centre shelf of the oven for 12 minutes, or until golden and firm.
- Remove from pan and wrap in a clean tea towel until serving.
* Place the scones into a cake pan with high sides to assist rising.
* Do not twist the cutter when cutting the scones. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Allow to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.
* Some gluten free flours have a gum already sifted in with the flour. This means a separate gum is NOT needed and should not be used in this recipe.