- ½ cup (about 50g) each parsley and mint
- 1 bunch chives, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 1 tbs seeded mustard
- 2 tbs capers, lightly drained
- 50ml lemon juice
- 50ml extra light olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Place the herbs, garlic, chilli, mustard, capers and lemon juice into the blender jug. Cover and pulse on speed 2 (Chop) for about 20 seconds, or until the herbs are finely chopped.
- Add oil and season well with salt and pepper. Pulse again for 5 seconds to combine. If time allows refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with char grilled chicken, prawns, pan fried fish or simply drizzled over hot pasta.
- Always wash and pat dry herbs before placing in the blender.
- Salsa verde keeps for 3 days refrigerated.