Makes 4x 350ml drinks
Prep Time 3 minutes (once honey syrup is made)
Cook Time 0
Special Equipment: KitchenAid® K400 blender
- 4 cups (592g) frozen pineapple
- 58ml lime juice
- 116ml vodka
- ¼ cup (59ml) honey sage syrup
- 1 - 1 ½ cups ice
- Make the sage honey syrup
- Add ½ cup honey and ½ cup water into a saucepan along with 5 springs of fresh sage. Heat on medium high heat until mixture comes to a bubble, then reduce to medium and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes then discard the sage.
- Make the cocktail.
- Place the frozen pineapple, vodka, lime juice and honey syrup into the KitchenAid® K400 blender. Blend on smoothie setting and allow to run through cycle. Serve immediately and garnish with a toasted sage leaf.
No frozen pineapple? Simply skin and core a fresh pineapple. Then, slice the pineapple meat into long strips, and cut the strips into small cubes. Place the cubes on a sheet tray in a single layer and freeze until solid (about 30-45 minutes).