- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 10cm sections, ends trimmed
- 1 medium yukon gold potato, ends trimmed
- 1 large beetroot, scrubbed and ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs, poached
- 1 teaspoon chives
- Preheat over to 200°C.
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Center one sweet potato section on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach peeling blade and fine spiralizing blade, and position at end of sweet potato.
- Place medium bowl under blades to catch spiralized sweet potato and peel. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of sweet potato. Repeat with potato and beetroot.
- Prepare baking sheet with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside. Toss root vegetables with shredded cheddar cheese, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Divide root vegetables evenly into 6 portions and space evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until root vegetables are tender and golden brown on bottom, 20 – 25 minutes.
- Place 1 vegetable nest on each plate, top with 1 poached egg. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.