- 1 large zucchini ends trimmed
- 2 baby yellow squash
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp each salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 small carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into quarters
- 4 baby beetroot, ends trimmed
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 3 tbs (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to a hot 230C (210C fan forced). Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper.
- Fit the food processor with the multipurpose slicing blade. Select thin and speed 1, add the zucchini and squash and slice. Remove to a small mixing bowl.
- Select speed 2 and thinly slice the carrots and red onions. Remove and place in another separate small mixing bowl. Lastly, select speed 2 and thinly slice the beetroot, remove to a separate mixing bowl (the beetroot colour will bleed if mixed with other vegetables).
- Drizzle each of the 3 mixing bowls with a little of the salt, pepper and oil. Lightly toss to coat the vegetables. Arrange the vegetables, keeping them separate from each other over the lined baking trays (keep the beetroot separate).
- Bake for 12- 18 minutes removing when lightly brown on the base and the edges are crisp. Allow to cool. Carefully combine all the vegetables in a large bowl or platter. Drizzle over the dressing and toss gently. Arrange in a small wreath shape, layering the vegetables onto a serving platter. Best served close to layering.
- Serve at room temperature.
- For the dressing
- Fit the mini bowl and mini blade to the processor. Add all the dressing ingredients and pulse until well combined and the basil is finely chopped.
For best results keep the vegetables separate on the baking trays, remove cooked vegetables and continue baking the others until done.