Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 3 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven 180 degrees and wrap garlic in foil. Place on a baking tray and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until softened. Remove and cool completely.
- Using the KitchenAid 5 Cup Food Chopper, insert the blade into the work bowl. Cut top off garlic bulb and squeeze out roasted garlic and add half of cashews. Process on speed 1 until coarsely chopped. Add spinach and process on low until finely chopped. Scrape down work bowl.
- Add basil and process on speed 1 until mixture begins to form a paste. With food chopper running, add lemon juice, salt and oil through through the drizzle basin in a steady stream. Process until well blended. Add remaining cashews and pulse 4 to 5 times or until coarsely chopped and dip has thickened.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and serve fresh vegetables sticks or grilled flat bread.
makes about 6 to 8 servings