- 1kg medium granny smith apples, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 3 stalks thyme, leaves only
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced). Arrange the apples and onions on a baking tray. Season with the thyme leaves, salt and pepper; roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and lightly caramelized. Allow to cool.
- Attach fruit and vegetable strainer to stand mixer and turn to speed 4. Add the apples and onion pushing down with the pusher. Collect the sauce and discard the pulp and core.
- Serve the sauce with roasted pork, pork sausages or as a relish on sandwiches.
For perfect roast pork
- Preheat oven to 220 C (200C fan forced). Lightly rub the pork with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and herbs such as rosemary or thyme. If the pork has crackling, make sure the skin is scored.
- Place the pork onto a rack inside a baking dish. Roast 10 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 180C (160C fan forced) and cook 30 - 40 minutes per kg or until cooked to your liking. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before serving.