- 2 (300g) Granny smith apples, cored and thickly sliced
- 1 large (400g) fennel bulb, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1.5kg rolled pork loin, tied and skin scored
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Combine apple, fennel, onion and sage and place into an 8 cup (2 litre) capacity microwave and oven-safe ceramic baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in stock.
- Place pork on top of the apple fennel mixture and rub oil over the skin. Sprinkle over sea salt and rub over evenly.
- Arrange LOW RACK onto turntable and place baking dish on top.
- Select CHEF MENU /MEAT /PORK /1.5kg and press START.
- With 5 minutes remaining on the cook time, open door and check the progress of the crackling. Keep checking every 2 minutes. Press STOP when crackling is at your desired crispness and colour.
- Once cooking time has ended, remove pork and cover loosely with foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve slices of pork with roasted apple and fennel