- 2 medium leeks
- 3 sprigs thyme, stalk removed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 50g butter
- 700g all purpose potatoes, peeled, cut onto large pieces
- 50ml white wine
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- 200ml cream or milk
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the ends and hard coarse green tops from the leeks and roughly chop.
- Place the chopper blade into the chopper bowl. Add the leeks, thyme and garlic. Cover and attach the motor body to the bowl. Press power and pulse on high speed for 10 -15 seconds or until the leeks are chopped.
- Heat the oil and butter over medium high heat in a large, heavy based saucepan until foamy. Reduce heat to medium, add the leeks and cook for 2 minutes or until just softened. Add the potatoes and toss well. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Add the wine and stock and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in the cream or milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Attach the S- Blade to the blending arm (with the pan guard). Place the hand blender into the soup and puree on medium speed to the desired consistency.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.
For a thinner consistency extra cream or water can be added.