Yield 1 ½ cups of sauce (10-12 tacos)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Special Equipment: KitchenAid® K400 blender; KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer with paddle attachment
- 4 (12 g) birds eye peppers (Thai peppers)
- ⅓ cup (34g) cup cilantro, packed
- 6 (36 g) garlic cloves
- ¾ cup (240g) jarred roasted red peppers*
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 (85g) medium onion
- 1 teaspoon (2g) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 2 tablespoons (42g) honey
- ½ cup (63ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (14g) white vinegar
- 10 5” diameter tortillas (corn or flour)
- 6-8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large fresh, ripe mango
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves, minced
- savoy cabbage
- Place all sauce ingredients into the KitchenAid® K400 blender and blend on speed 5 for 10 seconds.
- Preheat oven on broil setting. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken thighs and place them in a roasting pan. Pour about 2 tablespoons of sauce over the pieces. Then, using tongs, turn the pieces in the sauce to evenly coat/marinate all sides. When oven is ready, roast the chicken on broil for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tops are charred.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then, put the chicken into the KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer bowl. Attach the paddle attachment to the stand mixer, and turn to speed 4 for 8-10 seconds (or until meat is shredded to preference). Remove meat from the stand mixer bowl and back into the roasting pan with the roasting juices.
- Prepare the garnishes. Remove the flesh of the mango and dice into small cubes. Place mango in a bowl and toss with freshly minced mint. Set aside. Then, thinly slice savoy cabbage. Set aside.
- Spoon the shredded chicken into warm tortillas and garnish with mango salsa and cabbage. Serve with extra peri peri sauce for drizzling over assembled tacos.