- 12 medium Desiree potatoes or your favourite waxy potato
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 30g butter, softened
- freshly ground salt and black peppercorns
- 125g parmesan cheese, cut into long pieces
- 50g cheddar cheese, cut into a long piece
- 3 slices stale bread
- thyme sprigs, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan forced). Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Lay flat on a chopping board and cut deep slashes along the length of each potato taking care not to cut all the way through the potato.
- Place the potatoes, oil and butter into a large bowl and toss well. Season to taste. Place potatoes on a baking paper lined baking dish, rounded side up and in a single layer. Roast for 1 hour, basting with the juices.
- Fit the food processor with the medium shredding disc.* Shred the parmesan, cheddar and bread through the small food chute on speed for 1. Lightly toss the mixture to combine.
- Sprinkle carefully over the rounded top of each potato and bake a further 25 minutes or until very golden and crisp. Serve garnished with thyme.
- Shredding discs vary model to model. If you have an ExactSlice™ model please use the reversible shredding disc, medium side up.
- For best results, use a waxy potato or all purpose. Floury potatoes can be used but tend to fall apart.