- 6 cups (1.5 litres) vegetable stock
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 500g mushrooms such as flats, Swiss Browns, Shiitake, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt flakes
- 2 cups (400g) Arborio rice
- ½ cup (125ml) cream or coconut cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to low; cover and keep warm.
- Set KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker to Risotto setting. Add 2 tbs olive oil and butter; heat on Risotto/Step 1 until mixture is bubbly. Add onion and parsley, cook 30 seconds stirring with KitchenAid® Stir Tower on low speed. Add wine; cook 5 minutes or until wine evaporates. Set Stir Tower to intermittent 2-minute setting. Add mushrooms and salt; cook about 10 minutes or until mushrooms and are lightly golden. Set mushrooms aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in Multi-Cooker. Add rice; cook 2 minutes or until edges of rice become translucent, stirring with Stir Tower on low speed.
- Press button for Risotto/Step 2. Add ½ cup warm stock, cooking until stock is absorbed. Continue adding stock ½ cup at a time, cooking and stirring (with Stir Tower on low speed) after each addition of stock until stock is absorbed and used. Add mushrooms and stir until rice is creamy.
- Turn off heat; stir in cream or coconut milk and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.