- 3 egg yolks
- freshly ground salt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pure olive oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra light olive oil
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- 10 large free range eggs
- ¼ preserved lemon, washed, white pith discarded, flesh roughly sliced
- ½ small bunch flat leaf parsley
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 2 tbs capers, drained
- freshly ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 1 tsp sumac
- Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade. Add egg yolks and season with salt. Select speed 2. With the motor running add the oils into the small food pusher.*
- Continue refilling the pusher until the mayonnaise thickens. Add vinegar pulse quickly to combine. For a thinner consistency add water. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the eggs into a large saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer 10 minutes or until hard boiled. Drain and cool under cold water. Peel, cut in half carefully and remove yolk.
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the lemon rind, parsley, spring onions, basil and capers to the bowl. Select speed 1, process 5 seconds or until chopped. Add the egg yolks, ½ cup of the prepared mayonnaise, season well with salt and pepper. Pulse for 3 seconds or until just combined.
- Fill each egg white half with a large dollop of the herb mixture and place onto a serving plate. Sprinkle well with sumac and extra freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
- The small food pusher has a small hole in the base which automatically allows a small amount of oil to be drizzled into the whisking eggs.
- Cool eggs quickly in cold water to prevent a dark grey ring forming around the yolk.