- 2 large mangoes
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 2 tbsp superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 lime, cut into six wedges
- Slice the mango cheeks from the seed and use a spoon to scoop the meat of the mango into the blender.
- Trim the remaining skin from around the mango seeds, slice as much mango meat off the seeds as possible, and add the mango the blender.
- Add the lime juice, tequila, triple sec, sugar, and ice. Blend on speed 3 until thick and slushy, with no ice chips remaining, about 15 seconds.
- To garnish, have ready 6 margarita glasses or goblets. In a small wide shallow bowl or plate, combine the sugar, salt, dry spices, and lime zest. Moisten the rim of each glass with a lime wedge, dip the rim in the sweet and savory mixture, turning the glass back and forth until the rim is evenly coated. Repeat to coat each rim.
- Pour the margarita into each prepared glass. Garnish with a lime wedge, and serve immediately.