1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 packet active dry yeast
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
3 small sweet potatoes, peeled (about 2 cups processed)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
5-6 kale, tough ribs removed and leaves torn into large pieces
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
100g goat cheese
1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- Add warm water into bowl of stand mixer. Add sugar and sprinkle yeast into bowl. Let sit 10-15 minutes until yeast becomes foamy. Add flour, salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Attach dough hook to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer and turn to speed 2 for 1 minute, increase to speed 4 and mix for 2-3 minutes, adding additional flour, a few tablespoons at a time if needed. Dough should pull away from bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, coat bowl with olive oil. Gather dough into a ball and place in oiled bowl, turn to coat. Cover with clean towel and let proof until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down dough and shape into 2 balls. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach the medium shredding blade. Position large bowl under attachment to catch shredded sweet potatoes. Fill feed tube with sweet potatoes, cut to size if needed. Turn stand mixer to speed 6 and process. Repeat remaining sweet potato. Place a separate bowl under attachment and repeat with kale. Set kale aside.
- Toss shredded sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil and spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until tender. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. On floured surface, roll dough into 9-inch rounds.
- Crumble goat cheese and divide between crusts. Divide shredded sweet potatoes, kale, garlic and mushrooms between crusts. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt, pepper and dried chili flakes.
- Bake until crust is golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Serves 6-8.