- 1 small cinnamon stick, halved
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 tsp whole mustard seeds
- ½ -1 tsp Mexican chilli powder, medium
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp whole fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground four seasons pepper
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 100g unsalted peanuts
- 150g raw cashews
- 100g macadamia pieces
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190C (170C fan forced oven). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place spices into the blender jug. Cover and pulse on speed 5 (Liquefy) until spice mixture is finely ground. Add brown sugar and pulse to combine.
- Place nuts, pumpkin seeds and oil in a large bowl, then toss to coat. Add spices and toss until nuts are well coated with the spices.
- Place nut mixture on prepared tray in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes, or until nuts are golden, tossing occasionally. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container until required.
- Nuts are best eaten freshly roasted.