- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- good pinch salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 30ml olive oil
- extra flour, for dusting
- Attach mixing bowl and the flat beater to the stand mixer. Place flour, salt, eggs and oil into mixing bowl. Turn mixer to speed 2 and mix until mixture is well combined. Attach the dough hook.
- Turn mixture to speed 2 and knead 3-4 minutes or until the dough is smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile lay clean tea towels over the bench or lightly dust with extra flour.
- Cut dough into 4 even sections, wrap the used sections in a little plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Attach pasta roller to stand mixer. Take one section of dough and pat out to flatten. Adjust the roller setting to 1. Turn mixer to speed 4 and feed the dough into rollers. Fold dough in half and feed through again. Repeat this step twice. Adjusting the rollers to setting, 2 then 3, then 4. You should have a long sheet of dough.
- Attach spaghetti cutter attachment to stand mixer. Feed the sheet of dough through the cutter and carefully catch it and place it on the pasta rack to dry.
- Repeat with the remaining sheets until complete.
- Fresh pasta cooks quite quickly, take care not to over cook.