- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 3 large eggs
- Extra flour, for dusting
- Pinch of salt
- 30ml olive oil
- KitchenAid® stand mixer
- KitchenAid® pasta attachment
- Tea towels
- Attach mixing bowl and the flat beater to the stand mixer. Place flour, salt, eggs and oil into mixing bowl. Combine until the mixture just starts to come together, turn the mixer off and remove the flat beater and attach the dough hook.
- Turn mixture to speed 2 and knead 3 - 4 minutes or until the dough is smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile lay clean tea towels over the bench or lightly dust with extra flour.
- Cut dough into 4 even sections, wrap the used sections in a little plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Attach pasta roller to stand mixer. Take one section of dough and pat out to flatten.
- Adjust the roller setting to 1. Turn mixer to speed 4 and feed the dough into rollers. Fold dough in half and feed through again. Repeat this step twice. Adjusting the rollers to setting, 2 then 3, then 4. You should have a long sheet of dough.
- Lay dough on a lightly floured bench and sprinkle with more flour, making sure the pasta is not sticky.
- Remove the pasta sheet cutter and attach spaghetti cutter. Feed the sheet of dough through the cutter and carefully catch it and place it on the pasta rack to dry.
- Repeat with the remaining sheets until complete.
Fresh pasta cooks quite quickly, take care not to over cook