- 1 boneless beef rump steak (about 570g)
- 80ml teriyaki sauce*
- 10 cloves garlic
- 120ml beef stock
- 630g hot cooked white rice
- * Is a Japanese way of grilling and glacing. (“Teri” = shiny and “yaki” = bake/grill).Is a mixture of soya sauce, saké, mirin and sugar, mainly used to marinade.
- Place beef in large resealable food storage bag; add teriyaki sauce. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic and stock in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Cover and simmer 8 to 9 minutes until garlic is softened. Transfer to pitcher of KitchenAid Pro Line Blender. Cover and blend on Manual medium-high speed 5 to 10 seconds or until smooth.
- Preheat grill. Drain beef; reserve marinade. Place beef on rack of grill pan. Brush with half of reserved marinade. Grill 13 to 16cm from heat 6 minutes. Turn beef; brush with remaining marinade. Grill 6 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Transfer beef to chopping board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut against the grain into thin slices.