- 2 large free range eggs, separated
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 20g butter
- freshly ground salt and black peppercorns
- Place the egg yolks, milk and spring onions into the mixing bowl. Attach the wire whisk to the mixer. Turn to speed 6 and whisk for 30 seconds. Set bowl aside (If you do not have a separate bowl, remove the mixture from the bowl and set aside. Wipe out the bowl with paper towel).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites on speed 4 to soft peaks (do not over mix).
Heat a non stick heavy based frying pan over a medium heat, add the butter, swirling to coat the base.
- Working quickly add the whisked yolk mixture into the soft egg white peaks and turn to speed 1. Mix until combined but do not over mix.
- Pour the omelette filling into the hot pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until firm and golden underneath and just firm on top. Gently run a spatula under one side of the omelette and fold over. Remove from the pan, season to taste and serve immediately.
- 2.8L KitchenAid bowls are available from stockists. Using two bowls makes cooking so much easier.
- With this style of omelette it is easier to work with a smaller quantity of mixture. However, if desired a larger omelette can be made or use 2 frying pans at once!!!
- If the egg mixture separates simply return it to the stand mixer and gently whisk to combine again.
- Grated cheese or freshly chopped herbs can be added to the egg mixture.