- 4 gelatine leaves
- 2 cups sweet sparkling wine
- 2 Tbsp crème de cassis
- 4 punnets strawberries, hulled
- 1½ cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp elderflower cordial
- 300g mascarpone
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 16 sponge finger biscuits
- ½ cup vanilla custard
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 3 minutes. Warm one cup sparkling wine, then squeeze out the gelatine and whisk in to dissolve. Mix in the remaining sparkling wine and crème de cassis, then chill for 2 hours, until set. Use a small sharp knife to dice into cubes.
- Toss the strawberries in one cup icing sugar, vinegar, zest and juice then put in a roasting pan. Bake for 40 minutes, until softened and beginning to darken on top. Transfer to the KitchenAid Magnetic Drive Blender with the elderflower cordial and pulse until a coarse paste forms.
- Stir the mascarpone, cream, vanilla and remaining sugar together. Arrange on plates with the strawberry sauce, mascarpone mixture, custard and jelly.
For more great recipes and tips from Fast Ed, check out www.fast-ed.com.au or follow on Instagram or Facebook.