- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- good pinch salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vegetable oil or rice bran oil
- 3 tbs hot water
- ½ cup extra plain flour for dusting
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 200g pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3cm ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cups thinly sliced vegetables such as spring onions, beans, capsicum, celery
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup fresh or frozen (defrosted) corn kernels
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs each dry sherry, oyster sauce and ketchup manis
- several drops sesame oil
- ½ tsp each white pepper, sugar and salt
- Attach the flat beater to the stand mixer. Place the flour, salt, eggs, oil and hot water into the mixing bowl. Turn mixer to speed 2 and mix until mixture is combined. Remove flat beater and attach dough hook, knead for 8 minutes or until dough is silky smooth and soft. Cover dough and let rest ½ hour.
- With lightly floured hands, knead dough about 30 seconds. Cut into thick slices about 2cm thick. Dust well with the extra flour.
- Attach pasta roller to stand mixer. Take one section of the dough and pat out to flatten, dusting with extra flour. Turn mixer to speed 4. Feed dough into rollers. Fold dough in half and feed through again. Repeat this step 2 more times reducing the roller setting with each rolling to the desired thickness - about setting 6. Regularly dust the dough and roller with extra flour if the dough becomes sticky. Lay the thin sheet onto a lightly floured bench or pasta dryer
- Repeat rolling with the remaining dough. Attach the angel hair cutter to the stand mixer. Turn mixer to speed 6 and feed through each sheet, lay the noodles on the bench or on a pasta dryer.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the noodles for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Heat a large deep frying pan or wok, add the oil. Add the mince, garlic and ginger and cook breaking up the meat. Add all the vegetables except the cabbage and corn and toss cooking for about 3 minutes. Add about 2 tbs of water and cook 2 minutes covered until the vegetables are just tender. Add the cabbage and corn and toss well. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
Combine the sauce ingredients and mix until smooth, add to the vegetables and bring the boil stirring until the sauce has lightly thickened.
- Serve immediately.
- Superior flour labelled for pasta and noodles is available at the supermarket.
- Lightly dusted sheets of pasta or noodles can be hang over the back of a chair
- For easy preparation of the vegetables, shred in the Rotary Shredder & slicer attachment.