- 375ml full cream milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- ¼ cup (125g) caster sugar
- 125ml brandy
- 125ml medium dry sherry
- 1 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 2 cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (60g) caster sugar, extra
- Extra cinnamon and nutmeg, for serving
- Place the milk, cream, caster sugar, brandy, sherry, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg into a medium sized non stick saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved and mixture is very warm. Do not boil or the mixture will curdle. Strain and discard the cinnamon and cloves. Transfer the mixture to a jug with a pouring lip.
- Place the egg yolks and extra sugar into the blender jug. Select speed 3 (Mix) and blend for 20 seconds. Whilst the motor is running, remove the ingredient cap and pour in the hot milk mixture. Blend for a further 15 seconds.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with the extra cinnamon and nutmeg.
- The mixture can also be chilled.
- To serve, simply return the mixture to the blender and blend on whip for 10 seconds or until light and airy.