- 650g lean beef, cut into long strips, well chilled
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 160g firm refrigerated cheddar cheese, cut into large cubes
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- good pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs oil
- 4 x 30g or 8 x 30g slices cheddar cheese
- 4 standard hamburger buns or 8 mini, split in half, toasted & buttered
- To serve
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomato, beetroot and cucumber
- tomato sauce
- Attach fine grinding plate to food grinder and stand mixer. Place mixing bowl under grinder. Add 4 pieces of the meat into hopper, then turn mixer to speed 4 and push meat down with stomper.
- Repeat with the remaining meat adding it a few pieces at a time. Add the spring onions, then the carrot, cheese and parsley.
- Turn off machine. Remove meat grinder and attach flat beater. Season meat mixture. Secure mixing bowl, turn mixer to speed 4 and mix 4 minutes or until the mixture is sticky. Form mixture into patties.
- Cook meat until cooked in a lightly oiled pan. Place one slice of cheese onto each pattie and set aside.
- Fill bun with meat pattie, salad and sauce. Serve immediately.