- 500g cold boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 75g all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 60mL icy cold water
- 100g panko crumbs
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Attach multipurpose blade to KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor. Add chicken to work bowl and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add pepper, garlic powder, onion salt and salt. Process on low until chicken forms a sticky smooth paste. Using wet hands, roll heaped tablespoons of chicken mixture into nugget shapes. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Assemble clean work bowl and multipurpose blade to food processor. Add flour, egg
- and water to work bowl and process on low until it forms a thick batter (consistency of pancake batter). Transfer to a bowl and place panko crumbs in a flat tray; set aside.
- Dip cold nuggets into batter, and immediately roll in panko crumbs. Shake off any excess crumbs. Place on a plate.
- Heat a large saucepan or wok with enough vegetable oil to come halfway up the sides over medium high heat until oil reaches 180C. Cook chicken nuggets in batches of six for 3 to 4 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking time. Nuggets should be golden, crisp and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
makes about 4 servings (4 nuggets per serving)