- 6 large poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 120g chopped onion
- 50g thinly sliced celery
- 60g thinly sliced carrots
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 840ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 225g cream cheese, cubed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill. Line grill pan or baking sheet with foil; place poblano peppers on baking sheet. Grill 13 to 15cm from heat source 15 minutes or until blistered and beginning to char, turning occasionally with tongs. Place peppers in medium bowl; cover bowl with cling film. Let stand 20 minutes to loosen skin. Remove loosened skin from peppers with paring knife. Cut off tops and scrape out seeds.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 12 minutes or until celery is tender.
- Transfer soup to pitcher of KitchenAid Magnetic Drive Blender; add poblano peppers and cream cheese. Cover and blend on Soups/Sauces setting. Return to saucepan; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and black pepper.