- 300ml thickened cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- pinch of pink salt flakes
- Place cream, salt and maple syrup in the bowl of a stand mixer fixed with a paddle attachment. Mix on setting 2 for 4 minutes. Increase speed to 4 and mix for 7 to 8 minutes until the milk solids separate.
- Using clean hands gently restrain the solids as you drain out the liquid. Press down on the solids to gently squeeze out more liquids. Gather the butter in the palm of your hand and shape it in a round formation. Place on a 6 inch square of baking paper and flatten the top slightly with a butter knife. Sprinkle with pink salt flakes, wrap the baking paper around it and secure with a jute twine.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use. Soften at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- Package your own butter artisan style and give away as a fabulous gourmet gift.
- This home churned butter will last up to a week in the fridge unless you finish it all off before that.
- Once you have made a simple butter, try infusing it with your favourite flavours.