- 1½ cups dent (yellow) corn
- 1 cup wheat berries, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium jalapeño, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1¼ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Attach KitchenAid® Grain Mill attachment to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Position bowl under attachment to catch flour as it grinds. Set Grain Mill to the finest setting. Turn stand mixer to speed 10 and feed corn into hopper. After collecting ground grain, repeat with the wheat berries. Mix the ground wheat and corn.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Butter 22cm square baking pan. Whisk baking powder, soda, cayenne, jalapeño, salt, and pepper into the corn-flour mixture. Fold in corn kernels and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Whisk honey, buttermilk, eggs, and butter in separate bowl. Pour over dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden and tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.