- Mar 19th 2019
- 0 comment
- 30 mL honey
- 65 mL soy sauce, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 10 mL vegetable or sunflower oil
- 240 g pork belly, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stem removed and cut into 5 cm pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, minced
- 15 mL sesame oil
- 10-20 mL miso paste
- 150 g peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 25 g green onions, sliced
- 30 mL soy sauce
- 65 g chopped peanuts
- Combine honey, 30 mL soy sauce and 1 clove minced garlic in small bowl. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork belly and fry until crisp and browned on both sides (turning just once), about 15 minutes. Drain fat from skillet. Pour honey, soy, garlic mixture into pan and cook until crisp, being careful not to burn. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place 1/2 of the cauliflower in work bowl of food processor with multi purpose blade attached. Pulse 8 to 10 times until cauliflower resembles smallish grains of rice. Do not over process. Transfer to bowl and set aside. Repeat with remaining cauliflower. Place carrots and garlic in work bowl and pulse 4 to 5 times until roughly chopped. Toss with ginger and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, ginger, remaining 2 cloves garlic and miso to skillet and stir-fry until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to high and add snow peas and cauliflower. Quickly stir-fry until cauliflower is soft and just beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Make a well in center of skillet and pour in eggs. Cook, stirring often until eggs are completely cooked. Remove from heat and toss with remaining soy sauce, green onions and crisp pork belly. Top with chopped peanuts if you like and serve immediately.