- 300g each pork and veal – cut into long strips and well chilled*
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- several sprigs thyme
- 2 pieces thick strips lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 extra large red capsicum, halved and seeds removed
- 480g jar prepared chunky tomato sauce
- 50ml white wine
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs sour cream
- ½ cup parsley
- 3 strips lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic
- Attach the coarse grinding plate to the food grinder on the stand mixer.
- Turn the mixer to speed 4 and feed three quarters of the chilled meat into the hopper, pushing the meat down with the stomper. Add spring onions, carrot, parsley, thyme, lemon rind, garlic and remaining meat and push down with the stomper.
- To the pork and veal mixture, season well with paprika, salt and pepper. Attach the flat beater and mix on speed 4 until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the capsicums and place into a heavy based deep frying pan. Combine the tomato sauce with wine and vinegar and pour over the capsicums. Cover and simmer gently for about 25 minutes, regularly basting the capsicums with the sauce. Serve the capsicums sprinkled with the gremolata
- Place the ingredients into the clean hopper and grind on speed 4.
- For best results with the food grinder: chill the meat very well or semi freeze for 30 minutes.