- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1x 7cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup sugar
- Soak chia seeds in 3 tablespoons water for 15 minutes.
- Attach KitchenAid® Fruit and Vegetable Strainer to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Position bowl under strainer to catch fruit as it strains. Set mixer to speed 4 and place blueberries, raspberries, and ginger into the hopper to grind.
- Stir in sugar and chia seeds. Let sit 15 minutes at room temperature. Transfer fruit mixture to saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat. Reduce to low and simmer 15-18 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Test to see if jam is at the gel point by dropping a teaspoon onto a chilled plate and setting in freezer for 1 minute. If jam has gelled, surface will wrinkle when the edge is pushed with your finger.
- Transfer jam to airtight containers and store in freezer up to 2 months.
- Store sauce in jar with tight-fitting lid up to 1 week.