- 10 blood oranges
- 125g white sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 cups raspberries
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- Clean two oranges well, then finely grate the zest.
- Squeeze the oranges until you have 350ml juice.
- Heat 100ml of the juice in a pan with the sugar and stir to dissolve. Allow it to cool slightly, then add the remaining juice and that of the lemon.
- Combine raspberries and water in bowl of food processor fitted with multipurpose blade. Process until very smooth; pour through fine mesh strainer, pressing down lightly on solids trapped in strainer to extract as much liquid as possible without forcing solids through strainer. Discard solids.
- Combine the orange and raspberry juice together. Pour liquid into airtight container and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 8 hours.
- Assemble and secure frozen KitchenAid Ice Cream Bowl onto stand mixer. Turn mixer to Stir Speed. Pour sorbet mixture into ice cream bowl. Continue on Stir Speed for 7 to 12 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Immediately transfer sorbet into airtight container and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings (1 cup per serving)