- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 large zucchini, cut into large pieces
- 1 stick celery, cut into large pieces
- 1 rasher bacon, fat trimmed, roughly chopped
- 500ml good quality vegetable stock
- pinch ground nutmeg
- freshly ground salt and black peppercorns, to taste
- 250ml lite cream
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and medium shredding disc*. Select speed 2 and add the onion, zucchini, celery and bacon until grated.
- Place grated vegetables and bacon into a medium sized heavy based saucepan. Add stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 8 minutes, partially covered or until very tender.
- Season well with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in the cream.
- Fit the work bowl (clean) with the multipurpose blade. Add the soup to the bowl and process to desired consistency. Serve sprinkled with lemon rind and parsley.
- Shredding discs vary model to model. If you have an ExactSlice™ model please use the reversible shredding disc, medium side up.
- Only a small amount of stock is added to the soup, as when cooked the zucchini releases a lot of liquid.