- 3 cups water
- 1 cup (200g) steel-cut oats *
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered *
- 1 punnet fresh blackberries or raspberries**
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries**
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup full cream milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- * Steel cut oats are available from health food stores or the organic section of better supermarkets.
- ** 500g frozen mixed berries, may also be used
- Bring water to a boil in KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker on Boil/Steam setting. Add oats, cinnamon and salt; set KitchenAid Stir Tower to intermittent 2-minute setting. Reduce heat to Slow Cook Low setting; cover and cook 1 hour or until oats are tender and water is absorbed. Remove from Multi-Cooker; keep warm.
- Combine strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, caster sugar and lemon juice in Multi-Cooker. Cook 5 minutes on Simmer setting or until berries are tender but still hold their shape, stirring with Stir Tower set on intermittent 2-minute setting.
- Stir milk and brown sugar into oats; top with berry compote.