- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbs fresh oregano
- 400g can cannonellini beans, drained
- 185g can tuna in oil, lightly drained
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small bagette, cut into thick slices
- 1 ripe red tomato, cut into thin slithers, to serve
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Place the spring onions into the blender jug and cover.
- Select speed 2 (Chop), process quickly to chop.
Add the lemon rind and juice, oregano and beans. Cover and pulse on puree 5 seconds.
- Add the tuna, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and puree for 6 seconds or until desired texture.
- Toast the bread until golden on both sides. Top with the bean and tuna spread, then top with the tomato slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.