Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Special Equipment: KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer with whisk attachment
- 4 cups of ricotta - drain for 2 hours before if not dry enough.
- 3 tablespoons of EVOO
- 1 large lemon - zest
- 8 heirloom tomatoes - depending on size. ½ thinly sliced with mandolin the other ½ cut into wedges.
- 300g melody of mini tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of basil pesto
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ricotta into the bowl of the food processor with whisk attachment. Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper, lemon zest. Lightly whisk to combine.
- Place ricotta mixture onto a serving platter and spread with the back of a spoon, use 1 tablespoon to spread the basil pesto in a swirl so it's 'just' combined with the ricotta.
- Spread sliced tomatoes on top, sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper, and the last tablespoon of olive oil.
Serve with the seeded crackers