- Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- ¾ cup Thai style sweet chilli sauce
- 50ml lime juice
- 50ml iced water
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- Fish Cakes
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 2 spring onions, firm sections only
- 500g firm, white, boneless fish, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (45g) rice flour or cornflour
- 2 tbs homemade red curry paste*, or 2-3 tsp commercial paste
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup coriander
- extra light olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce ingredients together and set aside until fish cakes are ready.
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and adjustable slicing disc*. Slice the beans and spring onions on the thinnest setting on speed 2. Remove and set aside.
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the fish, rice flour, curry paste, fish sauce, egg and coriander and process on speed 2 for 8 seconds or until finely chopped. Add beans and spring onions and process for a further 2–3 seconds, or until just combined.
- Using wet hands, form about 1½ tbs of mixture into small flat patties.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based frying pan then when hot, add 5-6 patties to the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove golden cakes and set aside while cooking remaining mixture. Serve immediately with the sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Homemade Curry Paste*
1 tsp roasted coriander
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp prepared shrimp paste
10 roughly chopped eschalots
6 cloves garlic
1 finely chopped stem lemon grass, inner tender section only
4 red chillies
3 torn lime leaves
½ tsp paprika
- Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade. Add all the paste ingredients and process on speed 2 until the paste is smooth.
*Any remaining curry paste can be frozen for up to 3 months.