- 650ml milk
- 150ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
For strawberry compote
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Extra fresh strawberries
- Lemon balm or mint leaves
- To make the shaved ice, combine the milk, condensed milk and vanilla paste into a jug and stir well until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the 4 ice moulds and place into the freezer overnight or until frozen solid.
- To prepare the strawberry compote, combine the frozen berries into a medium size saucepan along with 1/2 cup caster sugar. Place on medium to low heat to simmer with a lid ajar. Once the mixture has thickened (15 minutes) remove from the heat and set aside to cool down. Once cooled place in the fridge until ready to serve. This can be made ahead of time.
- To serve, attach the ice shaver attachment to a KitchenAid stand mixer. Remove the frozen blocks from the moulds and pop them into the attachment, lock in place. Place a bowl underneath and turn the mixer onto 5-6 speed. Repeat the process for all 4 serves.
- Spoon the berry compote over the top and garnish with fresh lemon balm or mint leaves. serve straight away.