- 550g strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 tablespoons + ½ cup (125g) granulated sugar, separated
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (200g) glucose
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups (350 mL) champagne or prosecco
- Place the KitchenAid® Ice Cream Bowl in the freezer for 24-hours.
- Place the strawberries, 2 tablespoons of sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice into the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Fit the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer with the whisk attachment. Pour the strawberry puree into the mixing bowl and add the remaining sugar, glucose, and salt.Turn to speed 4 and whisk until combined, about one minute. Then, reduce the speed to stir and add in the champagne (or prosecco), stirring just until combined. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least two hours.
- When ready to churn sorbet, remove the Ice Cream Bowl from the freezer and lock it into place on the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Insert the dasher into the bowl and pour sorbet base into the bowl. Lock the mixer head in place, turn speed to Stir, and set the timer for twenty minutes. Once churned, spoon the sorbet out of the bowl into an airtight container and freeze for six to eight hours.