- 1.125kg small red potatoes, quartered
- 80ml plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 395g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C / gas 7. Combine potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and rosemary in large bowl; toss to coat. Spread in roasting tray.
- Roast 35 to 40 minutes or until crisp and brown, turning every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes, remaining 80ml olive oil, vinegar, garlic, chilli powder, paprika, remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, chipotle chilli powder and cayenne pepper in pitcher of KitchenAid Magnetic Drive Blender. Cover and blend on Manual medium speed 20 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to small saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool slightly.
- Drizzle sauce over potatoes or serve sauce in separate bowl for dipping.
- Note: Sauce can be made a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature or reheat before serving.