- 2 red capsicums, halved, stem, membrane and seeds removed
- ½ large red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 small red chilli, roughly chopped
- ½ chorizo sausage, roughly chopped
- 4 strips lemon rind & orange rind
- 2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 550g chicken thigh fillets, cut into small pieces
- olive oil spray
- ½ lemon
- Garlic Aioli
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 strips lemon rind
- 60ml white wine vinegar
- 125ml each olive oil and light vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to very hot. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Place the capsicum, skin side up onto one of the trays, grill until very charred. Place capsicums into a container and seal. Set aside for 10 minutes to sweat. Peel off skin and discard.
- Preheat the oven to 220C (200C fan forced).
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Place the capsicum, red onion, garlic, parsley, chilli, chorizo, rind, paprika, cinnamon and black pepper into the work bowl of the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- On speed 1, with the motor running, quickly drop the chicken* through the small feed tube until chopped.
- Using wet hands, roll into small sized meatballs and place on prepared tray and spray lightly with the oil spray.
- Bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked and lightly charred. Squeeze over the lemon juice. Serve immediately with the Garlic Aioli.
- For the Garlic Aioli
- Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade. Place egg yolks, garlic, rind and about 1 tbs of the vinegar into the bowl. Process on speed 2 for 10 seconds and then add the oils in a very slow stream through the narrow feed tube until the mayonnaise has thickened. Add the remaining vinegar until the desired thickness is reached. Season to taste.
* For best results when processing / chopping meats, chicken or seafood - chill very well and add quickly through the food chute.