- Mar 19th 2019
- 0 comment
- 2 small Bintje potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 10cm lengths
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 10cm lengths
- 1 small red onion, outer peel removed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 115g goat cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 200̊C. Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid Stand Mixer, and insert slicing blade. Position large bowl under attachment to catch sliced ingredients. Stack potatoes, end to end in feed tube. Turn stand mixer to speed 6 and process until potatoes are sliced. Repeat process with parsnips and carrots. Cut onion to fit into feed tube and process until sliced.
- Add garlic, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper into bowl with sliced vegetables. Toss to coat. Divide vegetables between 2 baking sheets and roast until tender and beginning to crisp, 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Combine water and sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, swirling often until amber in colour, about 7 minutes. Pour caramel evenly into 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with Thyme and Parsley.
- Arrange roasted vegetables on top of caramel and sprinkle evenly with goat cheese. Roll puff pastry out on floured surface into a 9 x 13 rectangle. Pierce pastry with a fork and lay it over the vegetables. Tuck corners in if necessary.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Reduce heat to 175̊C and continue baking 15-20 minutes until puffed and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Carefully, flip pan upside down to remove tart into cutting board. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Makes 24 appetizer servings.