- 1 medium (approx. 150g) unpeeled beetroot, cut into wedges
- 1 tbs olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g piece parmesan cheese, roughly cut into large cubes
- 1 cup (approx. 150g) salted cashews
- ½ bunch fresh coriander (roots removed, leaves and stems roughly chopped)
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a small baking dish with a sheet of baking paper.
- Place beetroot in dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the oil. Bake 30 minutes or until tender.
- Attach the chopper bowl to food chopper with the blade.
- Add the parmesan to the bowl. Cover with the lid. Select speed 2 and pulse for 20 seconds or until cheese is chopped. Remove cheese from bowl and set aside.
- Add the roasted beetroot, lemon zest, cashews and coriander, pushing carefully it into the bowl (the bowl will be very full). Cover and pulse on speed 1 for 4-5 seconds.
- Add the parmesan and olive oil and pulse on speed 1 for about 5 seconds or until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with breadsticks and a selection of fresh vegetable pieces if desired.